1) Install one of the Flanged Bearings into the Motor Plate.
2) Insert the two motors into the back side of the Motor Plate, and fasten them into place using two 1/2in long 10-32 button head screws per motor.
3) Insert the end of the Through Bore Shaft into the bearing. The shoulder of the shaft should be fully seated against the face of the bearing.
4) Slide one of the 1/8in long MAXSpline spacers onto the through bore shaft.
5) Slide the appropriate MAXSpline Gear for your selected ratio onto the through bore shaft. The appropriate gears to be used for your ratio can be found here: Ratio Gear Bundle Contents
6) Slide one 1/8in long and one 1/4in long MAXSpline spacer onto the through bore shaft. Ensure that the stack of spacers and the gear are pressed firmly together and that the end of the last spacer is flush with the shoulder at the end of the through bore shaft.
7) Install the motor shaft key into each of the motors.
If you are utilizing Gear Ratio 5:1 or 6:1, See the following: Motor Shaft Subassembly (Gear Ratios 5:1 or 6:1)
1) Install the 1/2in Hex Adapter onto each of the motor shafts.
2) Slide one 1/16in long and one 1/4in long 1/2in Hex Shaft Spacers onto each of the Hex Adapters.
3) Slide the appropriate 1/2in Hex Bore Gear for the selected ratio onto each of the Hex Adapters. Ensure that the gears are properly meshed with the center gear.
4) Slide an 8mm Shaft Spacer onto the end of each of the motor shafts.
5) Install an external retaining ring on the end of each motor shaft to hold the shaft stack-up into place.
1) Slide an 8mm Shaft Spacer onto each of the motor shafts.
2) Install the appropriate motor pinion for the selected ratio on each motor shaft. Ensure that the pinions are properly meshed with the center gear.
3) Install an external retaining ring on each motor shaft to hold the pinion in place.
1) Install the remaining Flanged Bearing in the Outer Plate. The flange of the bearing should be on the opposite side of the plate from the screw head cutouts on the corners of the plate.
2) Place the Outer Plate and bearing onto the through bore shaft with the bearing flange facing inwards.
3) Slide the four 1-1/8in long #10 spacers in between the Outer Plate and Motor Plate, and line them up with the four corner holes in the Outer Plate.
4) Insert the four 1-1/2in long 10-32 button head screws through the Outer Plate, through the #10 spacers, and into the threaded holes in the Motor Plate. Leave the screws slightly loose.
5) Rotate the gearbox shaft a few times and then tighten the screws. Test spin the gearbox to ensure that it rotates freely.