Pneumatic Hub Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing issues with your Pneumatic Hub that you are struggling to diagnose, we recommend following the troubleshooting guides and steps listed below, both in the flowchart and in the following subsections.
View Active Faults and Sticky Faults on your Pneumatic Hub by connecting it to the REV Hardware Client. Under the Device Faults section you will see two columns, one for Active Faults and one for Sticky Faults.
Sticky faults are cleared when the mode button on the Power Distribution Hub is pressed or can be cleared using the REV Hardware Client. It is also possible to clear sticky faults using WPILib.
To activate Compressor Test Mode, please follow these steps:
- 1.Turn on and enable your robot, or connect your Pneumatics Hub to the REV Hardware Client.
- 2.Hold down the mode button for 7 seconds.
- 3.Compressor will start, continue holding the mode button to keep the compressor on.
- 4.When done with Compressor Test Mode, release the mode button to stop the compressor.
Your Pneumatic Hub is drawing more current than the fuse can handle. If you’re using a 15A fuse, try a 20A fuse.
If you’re using a 20A fuse, we recommend moving your Pneumatic Hub to be powered by a High Current Channel and a 20A breaker.
You should also check your logs to see how much current the PH is pulling. Please note that the PH will draw more current at lower battery voltages.
When updating the firmware on the Pneumatic Hub, it is possible for the process to be interrupted or for the firmware to be corrupted by a bad download. In this state, the Status LED will be dark and the Pneumatic Hub will fail to operate. There is a built-in recovery mode that can force it to accept new firmware even if the controller seems to be bricked and the procedure is outlined below:
Please note, performing this procedure will erase all data and settings on the device. To perform the procedure a small tool, like a straightened paper clip is necessary to press the Mode Button (located close to the LED status light), the orange USB-c cable that came with the unit (or a DATA capable USB-c cable), and a native Windows based computer with the REV Hardware Client installed.
- 1.With the Pneumatic Hub powered off, press and hold the Mode Button
- 2.While still holding the Mode Button, connect the Pneumatic Hub to the computer using the USB-c cable - the Status LED will not illuminate, this is expected
- 3.With the REV Hardware Client running on the computer, wait a few seconds for the audible tone or icon for the device to be recognized in recovery mode then release the Mode Button -no lights will be present on the Pneumatic Hub during this stage of the process, this is expected
- 4.Select the Pneumatic Hub in Recovery Mode from the REV Hardware Client window
- 5.From the Choose a Device type dropdown, choose - Pneumatic Hub
- 6.Choose latest version of Firmware from the dropdown and then click update
- 7.Wait for the software update to complete
- 8.Power cycle unit (unplug and plug in USB-c) click on Pneumatic Hub icon, clear any sticky faults - the recovery should be complete.