Running a Motor
- 12V Power source
- SPARK MAX
- Motor connected to the SPARK MAX
- Windows Computer with the REV Hardware Client installed
- Data Capable USB C cable
First, connect your SPARK MAX to a computer with the REV Hardware Client installed via a data capable USB C cable. Then selecting it from the list of connected devices.
Verify that the settings are correct for the motor you have attached to your SPARK MAX. Once you have verified the settings and hit "Burn Flash" to save any changes, click on the run tab.
Within the Run Tab you can run one motor with a SPARK MAX. You can control it in many different ways, and change the PIDF algorithm.
- 1.Run Motor: Click this button to run the motor with the selected settings
- 2.Mode: Choose the run mode for running your motor. Percent mode is a great starting point for turning a motor on to test a prototype mechanism.
- 3.Setpoint: Set the value for running the motor here
Once your settings have been chosen, click the orange Run Motor button.
When you are done running your motor, press the Stop Motor button.